Like a duck to water

Raised On Radio youtube channel has a 1993 BBC interview with Ian Gillan discussing his youthful naiveté, his comings and goings, and the Spinal Tap moments, among other things. This was done before the start of the tour, when things were still looking up.

Thanks to Yvonne for the info.

7 Comments to “Like a duck to water”:

Blackwood Richmore says:

A brilliant & hilarious interview indeed!. 😊

Blackwood Richmore says:

Does anyone know if IG has ever performed a Led Zeppelin song?. He’s sang DP & BS… so maybe a bit of LZ would top it off!.

Bora Ciftci says:

“And there lay Venus still sprawled out and naked for sure
    But not quite what she was the night before
    I made my excuses and left through the door
    Stepped into space at the twentieth floor
    And that’s why I don’t like heights no more” meets “Why do I always get the kinda girl I didn’t oughta get?
    Now I’m getting jail and torture, ’cause I made the judge’s daughter”

Thanks for sharing 👏🏻🎩🥂😻🖖🏻

Buttockss says:

Jesus Christ Superstar !!!

Adel Faragalla says:

I don’t think my comments will go down well with all Ozzy fans. IG produced a very highly commercial successful album with BS. He actually saved the band from collapsing with the deoarture of Ronnie James Dio. If people thinks that’s IG forgetting the lyrics on stage they need to refer back to Ozzy’s last few years in the late 70s when he was just sluring his words on stage and can’t sing from drug abuse. Yes the album cover and the mixing of the songs is just an embarrassing. Born again has some great lyrics and great material. Also if it wasn’t for IG joing BS maybe a DP reunion in the 80s maybe it could has never happened. I believe everything happens for a reason so maybe IG joing BS could be considered as the greatest descion IG ever made and you can never blame it on the heavy drinking session with Tony down the pub. Cheers
    Peace and love to you all

NWO says:

I always love the story of Black Sabbath at Maple Leaf Gardens. It wasn’t until well after Spinal Tap came out (I LOVE that Flick!) that I found out the story of the show. No clue it was the first show of the tour. I was 10th row center floors there and heard the screaming and Ian so low to the stage floor. I just thought that’s how the show started!! LMAO!!
    I disagree with Ian, LIVE they were great together. I love TRASHED off that album. Who Cares version is my Fave..

Bob Worm says:

I like this interview. I am often torn in thinking Ian is ace or arrogant, but this interview made me smile and think I would love to have a few beers with him and hear more stories 🙂