Strange Kind of Women

Ian Paice with Strange Kind of Women, photo: aleksandra pruenner

There is a terrific cover band out in Italy which also happens to be an all-girl band. They are fittingly called Strange Kind of Women.

Ian Paice did a guest gig with them in March 2019 and now is giving them a shoutout on his DrumTribe channel:

Strange Kind of Women are:

Alteria – vocals
Eliana Cargneluttie – guitars
Paola Zadra – bass
Margherita Gruden – keyboards
Paola Caridi – drums

Check out their complete show from July 20th 2019 at Haus Eifgen Wermelskirchen in Germany streaming here. And support the musicians.

Thanks to andreas leutgeb for the heads up. Photo: Aleksandra Pruenner.

11 Comments to “Strange Kind of Women”:

Dr. Bob says:

Shout out to the Strange Kind of Women! Outstanding performance.

Leslie S Hedger says:

They are very very good!!

marcus Streets says:

Ian Gillan lives and she is Italian.
    And she can do DC.
    The others all have the chops too.

Bob Worm says:

I have been following these amazing ladies for over a year now. They are without doubt the best thing to happen in the Deep Purple universe for a long, long time. I cant wait to see them live. Hope they come to the UK next year 🙂

Scoot says:

Perhaps the best Deep Purple tribute band I’ve ever seen.

GEORGE MORLEY says:

Great band , have watched there videos , they are all really good at there various instruments , if I was in Europe and they were playing I would go out of my way to see them , in Europe next summer , might arrange my itinerary so I can check them out , from Australia Deep Purple fan over 50 years.

Bill says:

absolutely awesome…what does it say when an all female tribute band mostly 40 years younger than most of dp is inspired to play their music… So happy to know that their music is touching people the same way it did for me so many years ago

AnthonyC says:

They make the songs sound fresh. I have been watching their videos on YouTube for a month or so. They are really good.

Michiel Blijboom says:

I’ve seen them twice last year. They are absolutely amazing.

Yance says:

They really are rather good , I have been watching their postings for a while now. Be good to see them in the UK one day .

Buttockss says: