[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

23 July - Plaza De Toros De Estepona, Spain

The bullring was full. The band was there. We were there and we got what we expected: a great, great show. The set list was the usual this tour. No new things, opening with The Boys Are Back In Town, and then all their classics: Strange Kind Of Woman, Speed King, Bloodsucker, Smoke On The Water, Lazy, Black Night, Highway Star (the closing song) and some new ones: Ted The Mechanic , Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming (this song was one of the favourites from the friends that came with me that didn't know too much about Purple these years), Watching the Sky, 69...and they played some great classics covers like You Really Got Me and little pieces from other bands. A tribute of rock roots. Steve Morse was superb playing a little of Mood For A Day from Steve Howe of Yes (you know he play it in a Yes album tribute)and a lot of other well known pieces of cover songs (again). Steve was much more "happy" this time, showing his hands, running, joking with the band... It was my third time watching Deep Purple (first in Madrid with Satriani and two with my fav guitarrist Morse).
By the way, I hope Steve could have the CD I gave to a woman there who knows him from my own band Asha.

Para quitarse el sombrero!!!

Kike G. Caamaño, Spain

[ reviews | the highway star ]