[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

Come back soon!!!

After the great show Deep Purple gave on August 18 in Gampel, I couldn't resist the temptation to see them again.

It was the first time I had attended a concert in Italy and I really was surprised by the crowd. They started to sing "Black Night" and "Smoke On The Water" 40 minutes before the beginning of the show!

The opening act, Sungift, did their show and it was, well, not too bad. Now, back to serious business with DP.

They started with "Woman From Tokyo" which was followed by "Ted The Mechanic". Gillan was in excellent form, he sang with so much power! Between songs, he couldn't stop talking about England's victory over Germany 5 to 1... He really was so pleased!!!

Lord was still absent (hope he feels better) but then again, Don Airey did more than just replace him. The classics medley he played as an introduction to "Perfect Strangers" was brilliant and the crowd enjoyed it a lot.

Steve did some amazing solos in addition to his "Well-Dressed Guitar" and he was smiling as usual. But the whole band seemed to have so much pleasure playing together that just to watch them makes you smile too…

"When A Blind Man Cries" was one of the many highlights of the show. They played it with so much feeling that I ended up having goose flesh despite the heat.

AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd and some others made a brief appearance thanks to Steve & co and then it was "Smoke On The Water". I don't know if it is possible, but the crowd went even wilder during that song.

During "Speed King", everybody played a little solo and we even had Roger singing! That was so cool. Unfortunately, time flies and it was already the encore.

It wasn't necessary to ask us to sing during "Black Night" as we were all waiting for it. "Hush" and a breathtaking version of "Highway Star" concluded this great concert.

Thank you guys! As usually, you were great and we gonna miss you until your next tour!!!

Woman From Tokyo
Ted The Mechanic
Mary Long
Lazy
No One Came
Fools
The Well-Dressed Guitar
Perfect Strangers
When A Blind Man Cries
Smoke On The Water
Speed King

Black Night