[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

All of the songs were played to perfection

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said, so I repeat it... Deep Purple is superb! I got to see them in what appeared to be a sell-out in Cincinnati, and though it was mostly a Skynyrd crowd, Deep Purple had them on their feet. For a short concert, they played a song list that I could have hand-picked as favorites, in order:

"Woman From Tokyo"
"Ted The Mechanic"
"Lazy"
"No One Came"
"Fools"
"Pictures Of Home"
"Perfect Strangers"
"When A Blind Man Cries"
"Smoke On The Water"

Encores:
"Hush"
"Highway Star"

Hearing "No One Came" and "Fools" were the highlights for me, but all of the songs were played to perfection. I have not seen them since the late '80's and it was worth the wait. I will not wait that long again! After the show, I had the pleasure of getting to meet with Roger Glover and made a couple new friends (hello, Seth and Julie). He spent about 30 minutes with us, answering questions and talking about the tour. He will be releasing a solo project soon, but was not sure if it would be issued in the States (thank goodness for the internet and imports). Plain and simple, this was just a Great Night! We did get back to catch the last 4 songs of Skynyrd, and while they played very well, I was here for Purple and got what I wanted! By the way, it is true, you can ask for the song list at the sound board and get it... if you're the first.

Jerry Pieschel

[ reviews | the highway star ]