[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

I am happy

What can I say? The only way they could have topped this was to have had a much longer set.

I've been a long time fan, since the beginning, through all the different band member changes, and this is the first live show I've seen. And I wasn't disappointed. It's great to see that after all these years the guys in the band still enjoy playing that great music that's Deep Purple.

I could go on about how good every song was and how good the boys played, but I won't because we all know that there is nothing and no one better. Deep Purple rules hard rock !!! Then and now. You know, during the entire DP set, I couldn't stop smiling. It was the best time I've had in years. Thanks guys. And come back to Toronto soon and often.

Ted Nugent was a good opening act with lots of energy to get the crowd going, and quite funny at times, but very loud. It was a good thing that there was about twenty minutes before DP came on so my ears could stop bleeding. Lynyrd Skynyrd had a great stage set and opening, but it took me a few songs to get into it, because I was still awestruck by DP's finish with "Highway Star." It doesn't get any better than that. I went to see and hear Deep Purple. I saw and heard Deep Purple. I am happy.

Mark Schmitting

[ reviews | the highway star ]