[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

Fucking amazing

I have been a diehard fan of Deep Purple for more than 18 years now, but it was my first time to see the band at Molson Amphitheater. I never saw the band before because they never toured the Philippines. I was dying to see them before at Canada's Paramount Wonderland but the show was cancelled. Last night was like a dream come true, I finally saw my idols. The show was great, opening with "Woman From Tokyo." Actually I missed half of that song because I thought Lynyrd Skynyrd was the next on the set after Ted Nugent. I went to grab a beer when I heard Purple singing so I had to hurry back to my seat.

The songs were great, especially songs like "Lazy," "Pictures Of Home" and "Ted The Mechanic." The song I liked most was the closing song which was "Highway Star." Steve Morse was just incredible with the guitar solo with a signature of his own like a car trying to accelerate at full speed. I accidentally bumped into Steve that night and he was just a very cool guy. I asked for his autograph but I was an idiot because I did not have anything for him to sign so I gave him my pocket calendar. After I left I was so pissed off because I was wearing a Deep Purple shirt I had just bought at the gift stands and it had totally slipped my mind for him to sign it. I was a complete moron. I think the show was fucking amazing, except that they should have been the last band to play. People were confused as to why Lynyrd Skynyrd closed the show, no offence to the band, but I think it would have been way better if Purple closed.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show but it was very short for me. I am looking forward of seeing them again in the future.

Ronald Gaerlan

[ reviews | the highway star ]