[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

DP and Orchestra in Frankfurt

It was a great event! At 8 pm they started with Miller Anderson and "Pictured Within". After this Ronnie James Dio took the microphone for his two "Butterfly Ball" songs and two of his own songs - Ronnie was as good as ever. After this, the Deep Purple instrumentalists played, together with three-brass combo, "Wring That Neck". And now he came: Big I; Ian "The Voice" Gillan. They played "Fools", "Perfect Strangers", "When A Blind Man Cries", "Pictures Of Home", "Ted The Mechanic" and (great) "Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming"!

After this (sometimes with, sometimes without, orchestra) they did "Concerto For Group And Orchestra". It was a great performance! The last song of the set was "Smoke On The Water" with Ian Gillan and Ronnie James Dio on vocals, full orchestra and brass, Deep Purple and chorus. After two minutes of screaming "Zugabe" they entered the stage for the final two songs, "Black Night" and "Highway Star".

2 hours and 50 minutes after starting the show they left the stage; everyone of the audience was happy and wet. So was I!!!

Don't miss it!

Rodger E. Schön

[ reviews | the highway star ]