Deep Purple in Switzerland
Alright, it's now 5,30 am, and I'm just back home ! (Frauenfeld is 350
km. far from Geneva, and I'm totally tired...)
A friend of mine, who was on the site on friday, told me that he had
seen Steve Morse watching Kula Shaker during "Hush" last night.
...And they began their concert with:
- Hush (great version)
- Into The Fire (YES! THE WHOLE SONG! As usually, it was the end of
Fireball, but they continued the song, and it was complete...)
- Ted The Mechanics
- Black Night (very nice guitar solo)
- Cascades: I'm Not... /Steve Solo (wonderful)
- Woman From Tokyo
- No One Came
- Intro bluesy from Steve/Smoke On The Water/Solo Jon Lord (around the
theme of "Smoke ..."; interesting, but I saw him in much better form in
- When A Blindman Cries
- Speed King (keyboard/guitar impro AND Gillan/guitar impro (remember"
+ Ian Paice Solo (short, but very good)
- Perfect Strangers
- Highway Star
The show began at 11,25 pm (instead of 11,05) and lasted 1h.35 minutes
(they finished at 1 am this morning)
Alright, I think it's one of the best Purple Mk9 concert I've ever seen
(I saw Grenoble '96, Montreux '96 and Zürich '96) : they were very funny
on stage, and they're still very fresh.
I'll go to bed now!
[ reviews | the highway star ]