Original CD Issue
Deep Purple's 14th studio album is performed by:
- Ritchie Blackmore guitar
- Ian Gillan vocals
- Roger Glover bass
- Jon Lord organ, keyboards
- Ian Paice drums
Basic tracks recorded at Bearsville Studios in New York City. Engineered by Bill Kennedy; assisted by Mike Reiter. Vocals and overdubs recorded at Red Rooster Studios (engineered by Hans Gemperle) in Tutzing, Germany, and Greg Rike Studios (engineered by Jason Corsaro; assisted by Wally Walton and Darren Schneider) in Orlando, Florida. Mixed by Pat Regan with Roger Glover at Sound On Sound Recording (engineered by Pat Regan; assisted by John Siket, Devin Emke and Peter Beckeman) in New York, and at the Ambient Recording Company (engineered by Pat Regan; assisted by Mark Conese) in Connecticut. Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound in New York.
Produced by Thom Panunzio and Roger Glover.
A special wooden cased issue was released in Germany as a kind of jubilee thing. I think it also contained a nice DP belt bucket! Hm, where could I get my hands on one of those? Anyway, it is possible that the US release had a slightly different mix, although nobody seems to know if it really is the case. If there is a difference, it's apparently *very* minor.
- The battle rages on (Blackmore/Gillan/Lord/Paice) 5.48
- Lick it up (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) 3.50
- Anya (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord) 6.28
- Talk about love (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) 4.05
- Time to kill (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) 5.44
- Ramshackle man (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) 5.32
- A twist in the tale (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) 4.12
- Nasty piece of work (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord) 4.34
- Solitaire (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) 4.35
- One man's meat (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) 4.38