Deep Purple's 12th studio album is performed by:
- Ritchie Blackmore guitar
- Ian Gillan vocals, conga, harmonica
- Roger Glover bass guitar, synthesizer
- Jon Lord keyboards
- Ian Paice drums
Recorded at the Playhouse in Stowe, Vermont, using Le Mobile Unit. Engineered by Nick Blagona; assisted by Guy Charbonneau. Mixed at Union Studios in Munich, Germany, by Harry Schnitzler. Mastered at Sterling Studios in New York by Greg Calbi.
Produced by Roger Glover and Deep Purple.
The second set of timings below refer to the original CD & cassette releases. These contained somewhat longer cuts -- see especially "Strangeways". However, there are reportedly CD reissues that contain the LP cuts; so beware.
- Bad attitude (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord) LP: 4.43 / CD: 5.04
- The unwritten law (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Paice) LP: 4.35 / CD: 4.54
- Call of the wild (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord) LP: 4.40 / CD: 4.48
- Mad dog (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) LP: 4.31 / CD: 4.36
- Black & white (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord) LP: 3.44 / CD: 4.39
- Hard lovin' woman (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) LP: 3.23 / CD: 3.25
- The Spanish archer (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) LP: 4.57 / CD: 5.31
- Strangeways (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) LP: 5.55 / CD: 7.36
- Mitzi Dupree (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) LP: 5.02 / CD: 5.05
- Dead or alive (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover) LP: 4.44 / CD: 5.00