title = 'The Deep Purple Discography'
lineup = 'mk1, mk2a'
releasetitle = 'Mark I & II'
releasetype = 'album, compilation, live, studio'
Mark I & II
Germany December 1973 EMI/Purple Records 1c188-94865/6 [2LP; edited]
Belgium 1973 EMI/Purple Records 4C188-94865/66 [2LP]
Netherlands 1973 EMI/Purple Records 5C184-94865/66 [2LP]
France January 1974 Purple Records C188-94865/6 [2LP]
Italy February 1974 EMI/Purple Records 3C154-94865/66 [2LP]
UK 1974 EMI/Purple Records [2LP]
EEC/Germany 1974 EMI/Purple Records 1c284-94880 [1MC]
Sweden 1974 EMI/Purple Records 4e188-94865/6 [2LP]
Netherlands 197- EMI/Purple Records 1A184-94865/66 [2LP]
(Any CD release?)
Original LP Front
Original LP Back
A compilation of Mks I & IIa material. The timings (as printed on sleeves) differ from one release to another - a few seconds here and there. One of the early releases contain an edited version of "Woman from Tokyo". Most (all?) releases seem to have the full album version, though.
- Hush (South) 4.22
- Mandrake root (Blackmore/Evans/Lord) 6.03
- Why didn't Rosemary? (Blackmore/Evans/Paice/Simper/Lord) 4.56
- Hey Joe (Deep Purple) 7.21
- Wring that neck (Blackmore/Lord/Simper/Paice) 5.09
- Emmaretta (Blackmore/Lord/Evans) 2.58
- Help (Lennon/McCartney) 5.54
- Chasing shadows (Lord/Paice) 5.31
- Black night (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice) 3.24
- Speed king (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice) 5.49
Complete album version, ie. with the Woffle and all.
- Strange kind of woman (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice) 4.00
- Into the fire (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice) 3.29
- When a blind man cries (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice) 3.29
- Smoke on the water (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice) 5.37
- Woman from Tokyo (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice) 2.44 or 5.47
At least one of the earliest prints had the single edit version.
- Highway star (Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice) 6.46
Live version taken from Made In Japan 1972.