[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

Buenos Aires REVIEW

With a big expectation, I arrived to the OBRAS SANITARIAS mini-stadium at 6 pm. I was very excited because it was my first concert... The doors opened at 8:30 pm, I was almost first in the line. I ran into the stadium and I got a GREAT location, I was in front of the drums, only 1 meter away from the scenery.
At 9:00 the support-act began, the Argentinian band was called "Temple" and it was heavier than DP. I personally didn't like the band.
The setlist was almost the same as in Brazil as far as I remember. The Stadium was FULL of people... The highlight was: Gillan's short hair (Shorter than ever!!) and his Sailor's Shirt (soon photos).
The band was very happy with the show. Gillan thanked several times saying "Gracias, Thank You, You're SUPERB!". Also, he signed me a "Machine Head" CD!! DURING the SHOW!!!! I was very close to him with my arms extended carrying the CD and a marker, and just after "Lazy", Ian took my cd, signed it and gave it back and said me "thanks for coming"... (LOL!!). The maximium ovation was when they started "Smoke On The Water", the song lasted about 7 or 8 minutes because of the crowd-singing part. The guitar and piano solo was terrific! Including "Para Elisa" (dunno english translation, but it's a classical piano piece ["Für Elise" - Ed.]). THE SHOW WAS PERFECT!!!

Bye All,
Javier Fern&aácute;ndez

[ reviews | the highway star ]