[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

The best day of my life

We were four friends who live in a city 1:30 hour from Athens. When I saw in the official Deep Purple site The Highway Star that the band would come to Athens I jumped in the air. Me and my company bought tickets and we finally went to Athens by bus. We arrived at Lycabettus theatre two hours before Deep Purple started playing. When we got inside the theatre I knew that this day would me the best of my life. When the band started playing I could almost fly.

All five of them were great although I was a little disappointed by the absence of Jon Lord. Don Airey replaced him wonderfully though. Ian Gillan's vocals were great and although he is 56 years old he still has a great voice.

Ian Paice was perfect although he was better in the last Deep Purple concert in Greece in April 2000. All the songs were great and I very much liked "The Well-Dressed Guitar" - Steve Morse writes great music. I also liked Roger Glover's vocals on "High School Hop".

I think Deep Purple played one or two more tracks in Athens than in the other cities on their European tour and I thank them for that.

This was the second time I attended a Deep Purple concert and it was much better than the first one last year. I hope you boys will come to Athens again next year.

Thanks Ian, Don, Steve, Roger and Ian for the best day of my life.

Nektarios Dimitris Foufoulas

[ reviews | the highway star ]