[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

It would be an understatement to say it was amazing

I am Travis Huhn a 15 year old who has been listening to Deep Purple as long as I can remember. This was my first time seeing them and I have to say I was very impressed. They blew both Ted Nugent and Lynyrd Skynyrd right off the stage!!!

Ian Gillan's voice was unbelievable his voice still sounds so strong and powerful after singing all these years. I would have to say Steve Morse could have possibly that night put Ritchie to shame, I always thought Steve Morse was a great guitar player but I didn't realize how good. The reason I say this is because after listing to the live version of "Highway Star" off of "Made In Japan" I thought no single person could pull of that solo like Ritchie did, but after hearing Morse do it live I was very impressed at what he can do.

Both Glover and Paice sounded superb it was unbelievable. Also Jon Lord during "Lazy" his keys are just amazing he simply one of the best rock keyboarders there is. I was just astounded by the set list they were playing songs that I haven't heard on live albums ever!!!

The highlight of the Deep Purple set would have to be when they did "Perfect Strangers", it was such a shock to me because I love that song so much and it made the whole concert!!!

At the end when they did "Smoke On The Water". It would be an understatement to say it was amazing. The bottom line is they should have been headlining, I would hate to be Lynyrd Skynyrd and have to follow the act of Purple.

I hope to see them more often. One more thing - tour with Dio again, I would love to see that.

Travis Huhn

[ reviews | the highway star ]