[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

An amazing gig

I just got back from Sydney two hours ago. An amazing gig. That had to be the best version of "Fools" I've ever heard. It was a truly moving experience.

The brass and the female backup singers were also a nice touch. "Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming" and "When A Blind Man Cries" were also better than ever. Far better than the Brisbane concert of '99 I must say. Apparently they cut down the show because "'69" was played on previous nights.

I even attended the Steve Morse clinic the day after Sydney. I had my "Major Impacts" CD autographed. Thank you, Steve. Also Gillan, Glover and even Morse all signed my "Royal Albert Hall 1999" CD. What a thrill and honour to meet them all in person.

As for the Deep Purple covers band that played in a pub after the gig, they were actually that damn good, I must say.

All in all it was a fabulous weekend. In my humble opinion Sydney is a fine place to visit. [You can say that again! Ed.] Beautiful girls everywhere in sight. It's like as if I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. :-)

Fabian J. Lelo

[ reviews | the highway star ]