[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

The best show I ever saw

I am glad that I did not miss the Deep Purple concert in Hong Kong. Wholly amazing, (apart from being too shot - just about 2.5hr show). The show started on about 8:15, and people went crazy when the guys walked onto the stage.

The audience was a mix of all ages ranging from 5 to 60. When they played the more famous songs like "Black Night" and "Smoke On The Water", people went crazy and were all standing up clapping their hands, shaking their heads. Pretty strange, Steve played the solo from "Stairway To Heaven" in his solo part. People are happy with that.

Amazing guitar-keyboard jamming on "Speed King". Steve changed the solo for "Smoke On The Water", but it still sounded good. Gillan's voice was just as powerful as twenty years ago and Little Ian still worked hard at the back.

The band encored with "Hush" and "Highway Star" (with the original solo). Overall, a very very good show! People like that very much!!!

I've been waiting for this show for nearly twenty years. It's the best show I ever saw.

C.K. Lawchik

[ reviews | the highway star ]