[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

Excellent concert

The concert at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia was excellent and superb. The band was really really tight, and God, they really were amazing. You could really feel the low end frequencies being pumped up by Roger Glover, as he and Paice kept the groove swinging.

The best moment for me in the concert was the guitar medley played by Steve Morse before "Smoke On The Water". He played all the classic riffs from the 60's: "Foxy Lady", "Sunshine Of Your Love", the solo from "Stairway To Heaven", and "You Really Got Me", before finally going into "Smoke On The Water".

The audience were not only singing the lyrics to all the songs, but also singing the guitar parts during the classic riffs medley and especially during "Black Night".

I'm only 24 years old, but I appreciate classic rock, as it is actually the root of all current rock music. Looking at the superb musicianship and tightness of Deep Purple at the moment, I just can't imagine how they were in their younger days. I just wish that I was alive in the 70's and could have seen them playing live when they achieved the Guinness Book of Record's Award as the Loudest Band In The World.

ROCK ON!!!!!

Ramzi Abdullah

[ reviews | the highway star ]