[ d e e p P u r . p l e ) The Highway Star

Mexico City Review

Hi everyone, my name is Jesus, I'm from Mexico City, and I'm a huge Deep Purple fan.

I saw the show on September 13, it was the best show I've ever seen, really, since the frist time Deep Purple and the orchestra went on stage I started to cry, it was a dream come true.

The "Concerto" sounded excellent, great performance of the orchestra and obviously from Deep Purple. The bad thing started on "The Second Movement", when some, lets call them 'idiots', started to scream "We want rock!" and to whistle. I just saw Gillan with a smile like saying 'poor ignorants', and I agree with him very very much. Even one of the members of the orchestra, at the end of the "Concerto" screamed "You ignorants!"

The second part of the show was really great too, Ronnie James Dio appeared on stage singing as he only can, singing two songs from his solo carrer and "Love Is All" and "Sitiing In A Dream". Some sections of the audience just got crazy with Dio on stage. Then the great Gillan reappeared to sing the Purple songs, closing with the great "Smoke On The Water", obviously, with Dio singing a duet with Gillan.

As I said, it was the best show I've ever seen. It's amazing when you see people of all ages reunited to see the best live band ever! An unforgettable experience. And by the way, I want to apologize to the members of the band for the behavior of the jerks that whistled and screamed during the "Concerto", they don't know about music - please understand them. Thanx.

Rogelio Delgado Díaz

[ reviews | the highway star ]